.sg is the country top level domain for Singapore(ccTLD) which was introduced in 1988. It is being managed by the Singapore Network Information Centre(SGNIC). It is only for residents of Singapore with a valid postal address. However, there are some second-level domains that has more rules when registering.
Second-level domains[change | edit source]
- .com.sg - For commercial use.
- .net.sg - Network providers and info-com operators.
- .org.sg - Registered organisations of Singapore.
- .gov.sg - Government agencies.
- .edu.sg - Schools and institutions.
- .per.sg - For personal use only.
- .idn.sg - For domain names with Chinese and Indian words in them.