From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1194 1195 1196 – 1197 – 1198 1199 1200|
Events[change | change source]
- Amalric II succeeds Henry II of Champagne as King of Jerusalem.
- Theobald III becomes Count of Champagne.
- The town of Arbroath, Angus, Scotland is consecrated, and dedicated to St Thomas Becket.
- Kaloyan becomes tsar of Bulgaria.
- Corfu is occupied by the Genoese.
- Hubert Walter, Archbishop of Canterbury, negotiates a peace with Wales.
- North Crawley is split into Great Crawley and Little Crawley.
- Philip of Swabia marries Irene Angela, daughter of Byzantine emperor Isaac II.
Births[change | change source]
- October 22 — Emperor Juntoku of Japan (d. 1242)
- Amadeus IV of Savoy (d. 1253)
- Raymond VII of Toulouse (d. 1249)