From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1170s 1180s 1190s – 1200s – 1210s 1220s 1230s|
|Years:||1199 1200 1201 – 1202 – 1203 1204 1205|
- August 1 – Arthur of Brittany captured in Mirebeau, north of Poitiers
- The chronicle of Roger of Wendover is of original value as of this year.
- Founding of the Livonian Brothers of the Sword
- Founding of Real Monasterio de Nuestra Senora de Rueda, Aragon Province, Spain
- Leonardo Fibonacci published Liber Abaci, introducing the Arabian zero to Europe
- First jesters in European courts
- Fourth Crusade – Siege of Zadar
- March 8 – Sverre Sigurdsson, King of Norway
- May 7 – Hamelin de Warenne, 5th Earl of Surrey
- Cathal Carragh Ua Conchobair, King of Connacht
- Canute VI of Denmark (born 1163)
- Alain de Lille, French theologian and poet (born c. 1128)
Heads of states [change]
- England – John, King of England (reigned 1199 – 1216).
- France – Philippe II, Auguste King of France (reigned from 1180 to 1223).