From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||12th century – 13th century – 14th century|
|Decades:||1180s 1190s 1200s – 1210s – 1220s 1230s 1240s|
|Years:||1213 1214 1215 – 1216 – 1217 1218 1219|
Events[change | edit source]
- April 10 – Eric X of Sweden dies. He is succeeded by Johan Sverkersson.
- April – Prince Louis of France, the future King Louis VIII, invades England in the First Barons' War
- July 24 – Ascension of Pope Honorius III; in the same year, he officially recognises the Order of Preachers (the Dominican Order)
- October 19 – Henry III becomes King of England, after the death of King John of England.
- Dresden, Germany becomes a city
- Ballintubber Abbey is founded by King Cathal Crovdearg O'Connor of Connaught in Ireland.
Births[change | edit source]
Deaths[change | edit source]
- Shota Rustaveli, Georgian poet (b. 1172)
- April 10 – King Eric X of Sweden (b. 1180)
- June 11 – Henry of Flanders, Emperor of the Latin Empire (b. 1174)
- July 16 – Pope Innocent III (b. 1161)
- October 19 – King John of England (b. 1167)