From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1500s 1510s 1520s – 1530s – 1540s 1550s 1560s|
|Years:||1529 1530 1531 – 1532 – 1533 1534 1535|
Events[change | edit source]
- May 16 – Sir Thomas More resigns as Lord Chancellor of England.
- June 25 – Suleiman I leads another invasion of Hungary, which fails miserably.
- September 1 – Lady Anne Boleyn is created Marchioness of Pembroke by her fiancée, King Henry VIII of England.
- November 16 – Francisco Pizarro and his men capture Inca Atahualpa.
- Atahualpa wins Inca civil war over Huáscar
- The Prince is published five years after death of the writer Niccolò Machiavelli
- Pantagruel is published by François Rabelais
- Henry VIII grants the Thorne brothers a Royal Charter to found Bristol Grammar School.