From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1635)
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1600s 1610s 1620s – 1630s – 1640s 1650s 1660s|
|Years:||1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends [change]
- Thirty Years' War goes on in Europe.
- September 8, 1636 – Thanks to a vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony, Harvard College is the first college in the Americas.
World leaders [change]
- King Christian IV of Denmark and Norway (1588–1648).
- King Charles I of England, Scotland and Ireland (1625–1649).
- Hong Taiji, Emperor of the Qing.
- King Louis XIII of France (1610–1643).
- Cardinal Richelieu, chief minister of France (1624–1642).
- Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor (1620–1637).
- Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor (1637–1657).
- Frederick Henry, Prince of Orange, Stadtholder of Holland, Zeeland, Utrecht, Overijssel and Gelderland (1625–1647).
- Pope Urban VIII (1623–1644).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621–1665).
- King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden (1611–1632)
- Queen Christina of Sweden (1632–1654).