From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 1670)
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1640s 1650s 1660s – 1670s – 1680s 1690s 1700s|
|Years:||1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
- The Franco-Dutch War
- Father Jacques Marquette continues to explore the Great Lakes and the Mississippi River. Other Frenchmen explore North America.
- The Quakers come to America from England.
- Newton and Leibniz independently discover calculus.
- Popish Plot started by Titus Oates. Oates' aim is to kill King Charles II. Plot fails and ends in 1681.
- John Milton, British poet
World leaders [change]
- King Frederick III of Denmark (1648–1670).
- King Christian V of Denmark (1670–1699).
- King Charles II of England and Scotland (1660–1685).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643–1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658–1705).
- King Michael Korybut Wisniowiecki of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1669–1673).
- King John III of Poland (1674–1696).
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667–1706).
- Tsar Aleksey I of Russia (1645–1676)
- Tsar Feodor III of Russia (1676–1682).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665–1700).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660–1697).