From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
|Centuries:||18th century BC – 17th century BC – 16th century BC|
|Decades:||1720s BC 1710s BC 1700s BC – 1690s BC – 1680s BC 1670s BC 1660s BC|
|Years:||1699 BC 1698 BC 1697 BC 1696 BC 1695 BC 1694 BC 1693 BC 1692 BC 1691 BC 1690 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events[change | change source]
- 1700 - 1500 BC Hurrian conquest
- 1698 BC- King Jie of China kills his minister Guan Longfeng according to Chinese legend.
- The Exodus: The Israelites leave Egypt, Thrasyllus of Mendes says this. He was an Egyptian mathematician and astronomer who lived c. 1691 BC.
- 1691 BC June—Lunar Saros 32 begins.
Significant people[change | change source]
- Belu-bani, King of Assyria, r. 1700–1691 BC.
- Libaia, King of Assyria r. 1691–1674 BC.
- Abi-eshuh, King of Babylon, r. 1712–1684 (middle chronology)
- Jie, Legendary King of the supposed Xia dynasty (existence disputed) in China, r. c.1728–1675 BC
- Merneferre Ay, Pharaoh of Egypt, r. c.1714–1691 BC
- Merhotepre Ini, Pharaoh of Egypt, r. c.1691–1689 BC
- Fourteenth dynasty Pharaohs (see List of Pharaohs for details), 1705–1690 BC
- Lila-Ir-Tash king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1700–c.1698 BC.
- Temti-Agun I king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1698–c.1690 BC.
- Tan-Uli king of the Elamite Empire, r. c.1690–c.1655 BC.
- Agum I, King of the Kassites, r. 1705–1690 BC
- Kashtiliash I, King of the Kassites, r. 1690–1680 BC
- Itti-Ili-Nibi, King of the Sealand, r. c.1700–1683 BC
- 1695 BC—Death of Sarah, wife of Abraham, according to the Hebrew Calendar
- 1691 BC—Death of Merneferre Ay, Pharaoh of Egypt