The 1953 Formula One season was the 4th of the championship. The champion was Alberto Ascari in a close battle.
World Championship season review [change]
1953 Drivers Championship final standings [change]
|Non-classified finish (NC)
||Did not finish (Ret)
||Did not qualify (DNQ)
|Did not pre-qualify (DNPQ)
||Did not start (DNS)
|Race cancelled (C)
||Practiced only (PO)
|Friday test driver (TD)
(starting in 2003)
||Did not practice (DNP)
|Did not arrive (DNA)
|Withdrew entry before the event (WD)
- * Fastest lap (1 point awarded)
- ** Multiple drivers set equal fastest lap times, thus sharing the 1 point.
- † Position shared between more drivers of the same car
- ‡ Several cars were shared in this race. See the race page for details.
- Only the best 4 results counted towards the Championship. Numbers without parentheses are Championship points; numbers in parentheses are total points scored.
Non-Championship race results [change]
Formula One/Two races also held in 1953, which did not count towards the World Championship.