2008 in science
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- January 15 - NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft makes its first flyby of Mercury at 200 km height.
- August 1 - Total solar eclipse in Canada, Siberia, Mongolia and northern China.
- October 6 - NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft makes the second flyby of Mercury.
- April 13 - John Archibald Wheeler, theoretical physicist
- April 16 - Edward Norton Lorenz, mathematician and meteorologist
- April 29 - Albert Hofmann, chemist
- May 15 - Willis Lamb, physicist, winner of the 1955 Nobel Prize in Physics