2012 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup
|FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Azerbaijan 2012|
|Dates||22 September − 13 October|
|Teams||16 (from 6 confederations)|
|Venue(s)||4 (in 2 host cities)|
The official mascot of this World Cup is The Top Top Girl. This means ball in Azerbaijani. It is a young girl with the national flag painted on her cheeks. The body is blue, red, green and white like the host's national team. Her brown hair in a ponytail is meant to look like a buta. This is a curving decorative motif widely used in Azerbaijani art.
Qualified teams [change]
- 1.^ Teams that will make their debut.
- "FIFA calendar". FIFA. Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "FIFA Executive Committee approves special funding for Chile and Haiti". FIFA. 19 March 2010. http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/bodies/news/newsid=1183198/index.html. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Mascot’s name is revealed". fifa.com. FIFA. http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/newsid=1614893/index.html. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Azerbaijan 2012 mascot steps out". fifa.com. FIFA. http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/newsid=1533614/index.html. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- "Qualifying tournaments". FIFA. http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/qualifiers/index.html. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- FIFA World Cup in Azerbaijan
- All U17 World Cup matches to be held in Baku
- "'Eleven Hearts, One Goal': official slogan unveiled in Lankaran". FIFA. 16 February 2012. http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/newsid=1584599/. Retrieved 17 February 2012.