From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2017 2018 2019 – 2020 – 2021 2022 2023|
Predicted and scheduled events[change | edit source]
Unknown dates[change | edit source]
- NASA starts moon colonization for future human exploration to Mars
- The main segment of track extending from San Francisco to Anaheim of the California High Speed Rail system is completed.
- JAXA plans to send robotic astronauts to the Moon, followed by human astronauts
- 2020 Summer Olympics
- This is the year that the Hong Kong MTR South Island Line east section is expected to be completed.
- Last nuclear power plant in Germany scheduled to shut down
- British newspaper The Guardian published a series of magazines in September 2004 predicting life in 2020. These predictions include widespread use of artificially intelligent cars, "smart" clothing incorporating computer chips, and green energy sources.
- Mapping the Global Future: Report of the National Intelligence Council's 2020 Project was published in December 2004 with a long-term view of the future. The NIC is the center for midterm and long-term strategic thinking within the US Government.
- In Australia, Queensland is expected to overtake Victoria as the second most populous state of the nation.
- Mayans Predict Age of Transition.
- Global oil production is expected to peak.
- According to current plans and workings for Project Constellation, NASA should be returning Humans to the Moon by 2020.
- The Russian Federal Space Agency says that they plan to be mining helium-3 from the moon by this year.
- Earliest year that power aboard the space probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 is expected to terminate (though either probe may function past this date).
- NASA Venus Surface Explorer mission to Venus (part of the New Frontiers program)
- Several underdeveloped countries have plans to become developed countries by 2020:
- Trinidad and Tobago becomes a developed country under the Vision 2020 development plan initiated by Prime Minister Patrick Manning.
- Malaysia becomes a developed country, under the Wawasan 2020 plan initiated by former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad.
- Chile becomes a developed country.
- India becomes a developed country as pledged by President A P J Abdul Kalam.
- Oman becomes a developed country under 2020 long term development plan.
- Philippines becomes a developed country as pledged by President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
- Shanghai is set to become an "international financial centre and global shipping hub."
- If current trends continue, according to the United Nations, the Aral Sea could disappear completely by this year.
- Volvo hopes to use radar, sonar and other advanced technologies to create a crash-proof car by 2020.
- The IBM Institute for Business Value concluded from their study "Automotive 2020: Clarity Beyond the Chaos" that all automobiles will have some level of hybridization by 2020. Toyota's vice president in charge of powertrain development also believes that all Toyota cars produced will be hybrid vehicles by the year 2020.
References[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: 2020|
- "msnbc technology & science". http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16042651/.
- "the associated press: Japan aims for walking robot on the moon by 2020". http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ioijx5DLWQ4vTbjJmhNgHsNszNhwD97AVVSG0.
- "Timeline: The Frightening Future of Earth". http://www.livescience.com/environment/070419_earth_timeline.html.
- "Moon". http://english.pravda.ru/science/tech/17-03-2006/77404-moon-0.
- "Aral Sea". http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/world/A0804507.html.
- "Volvo". http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/05/volvo-promises.html.
- "Hybridization the Norm". http://www.hybridcars.com/carmakers/hybridization-be-norm-2020-0819.html.
- "Toyota". http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/toyota/toyota-cutting-hybrid-costs/.