From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||210s 220s 230s – 240s – 250s 260s 270s|
|Years:||239 240 241 – 242 – 243 244 245|
Events[change | edit source]
By place[change | edit source]
Roman Empire[change | edit source]
- Emperor Gordian III begins fighting against King Shapur I. The Greek philosopher Plotinus joins him and hopes to get first-hand knowledge of Persian and Indian philosophies.
- Gordian III leaves the Cimmerian cities in the Bosphorus (Crimea), as the land is now controlled by the Goths.
Persia[change | edit source]
By topic[change | edit source]
Religion[change | edit source]
- Patriarch Titus succeeds Patriarch Eugenius I as Patriarch of Constantinople.
Births[change | edit source]
- Cao Mao, fourth emperor of the Kingdom of Wei (d. 260)
- Saloninus, Roman Emperor (d. 260)
- Sun Hao, last emperor of the Kingdom of Wu (d. 284)