24 (TV series)
|Genre||Action, Drama, Thriller|
|Created by||Joel Surnow
Mary Lynn Rajskub
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||192|
|Running time||approx. 43 min.|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i (SDTV)
PAL 576i (SDTV)
720p (HDTV) FOX HD
1080i (HDTV) SKY HD
|Original run||November 6, 2001 –
May 24, 2010
24 is an Emmy and Golden Globe winning American television series broadcast by Fox Network in the USA and shown worldwide. The show first came on TV on November 6, 2001, starting with thirteen episodes. The first six seasons were all focused the fictional Los Angeles branch of the Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU).
24 is shown in real time, with each season depicting a 24-hour period in the life of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who works with the government as it fights threats to the country. Bauer is often in the field for the Counter Terrorist Unit as they try to protect the nation from terrorists. The show also follows the actions of other agents, government officials and terrorists associated with the plot. The first six seasons of the show were all based in Los Angeles and nearby locations — both real and fictional — in California, although sometimes other locations have been used as well. Some of the fourth and sixth seasons, and all of the seventh season, were in Washington, D.C.. The eighth and last season was in New York City.
- Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer
- Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian
- Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida
- James Morrison as Bill Buchanan
- Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer
- "IGN: 24: The Dead Rise". au.tv.ign.com. http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/821/821061p1.html. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- EW (2009-04-14). "24 goes to New York". http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/14/24-goes-to-new-york-city/. Retrieved 2009-04-20.
- "'24' to end after current season". http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100327/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv24;_ylt=Alci0._Fu1adh5MpUQJjo2EEtbAF;_ylu=X3oDMTJkYmg3cGYxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzI3L3VzX3R2MjQEcG9zAzkEc2VjA3luX3BhZ2luYXRlX3N1bW1hcnlfbGlzdARzbGsDMjR0b2VuZGFmdGVy. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
Other websites [change]