From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Events[change | edit source]
- January 16 – The Roman Senate votes Octavian the title of Augustus. He accepts this honor, having declined the alternative title of Romulus. He is known as Augustus afterwards.
- Augustus becomes consul for the seventh time. His partner Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa becomes consul for the third time.
- Augustus, as consul, returns power to the Senate of Rome.
- Augustus starts a new military reform.
- Northern statue of the Colossi of Memnon is shattered by an earthquake in Egypt (according to Strabo).
- for more information, see Category:27 BC births.