From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||0s 10s 20s – 30s – 40s 50s 60s|
|Years:||34 35 36 – 37 – 38 39 40|
|Ab urbe condita||790|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —丁酉年十二月初六日
|- Vikram Samvat||93–94|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3138–3139|
|Iranian calendar||585 BP – 584 BP|
|Islamic calendar||603 BH – 602 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1875 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||580|
By place [change]
Roman Empire [change]
- March 18 – The Roman Senate annuls Tiberius' will and proclaims Caligula Roman Emperor.
- Caligula's attempt to have himself deified creates friction between himself and the Senate
- An earthquake destroys Antioch.
By topic [change]
- Abilene is granted to Agrippa I.
- Saint Peter founds the Syrian Orthodox Church. (traditional date)
- Probable year of the conversion of the Pharisee Saul of Tarsus to Christianity after a vision. After 39 he is recognised as Saint Paul.
- March 16 – Tiberius, Roman Emperor, strangled by Macro, Praetorian Prefect.
- May 1 – Antonia Minor, daughter of Mark Antony and Octavia Minor; grandmother of Caligula.
- Marbod king of the Marcomanni