From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||340s 350s 360s – 370s – 380s 390s 400s|
|Years:||369 370 371 – 372 – 373 374 375|
By place [change]
Roman Empire [change]
- Emperor Valentinian I is against the Alamanni, Quadi and Sarmatians. His subordinates are dealing with Firmus, Roman usurper, in Africa and the Picts in Britain.
- Sixteen Kingdoms: Jin Feidi is dethroned as emperor of the Eastern Jin Dynasty. He is replaced by Jin Jianwendi.
- September 12 – Jin Xiaowudi, age 10, succeeds his father Jin Jianwendi. Empress Chu Suanzi serves as regent.
- The first diplomatic ties are made between the Korean kingdom of Baekje and the Chinese court of the Jin Dynasty.
By topic [change]
Arts and sciences [change]
- The national academy of Chinese learning, called Taehak, is made in the kingdom of Goguryeo (Korea).
- Gregory of Nyssa becomes bishop.
- Buddhism is the official religion of Gorguryeo.
- Saint Augustine adopts Manichaeism.
- Valentinian I bans Manichaean meetings.