From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||70s BC 60s BC 50s BC – 40s BC – 30s BC 20s BC 10s BC|
|Years:||47 BC 46 BC 45 BC – 44 BC – 43 BC 42 BC 41 BC|
- Consuls: Gaius Julius Caesar, Marcus Antonius
- March 15 Julius Caesar, dictator of Rome, is assassinated by a group of Roman senators. This date is known as The Ides of March.
- March 20 — Caesar's funeral.
- Early April — Octavian returns from Apollonia in Dalmatia to Rome to become ruler of Rome, against advice from his mother and stepfather Phillipus.
- June — Mark Antony promised five years of being governor of northern and central Transalpine Gaul (France) and Cisalpine Gaul (Northern Italy).
- September 2 — Pharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt makes her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- Comosicus succeeds Burebista as king of Dacia.