From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||510s 520s 530s – 540s – 550s 560s 570s|
|Years:||546 547 548 – 549 – 550 551 552|
Events[change | change source]
By place[change | change source]
Byzantine Empire[change | change source]
- The Ostrogoths under Totila recapture Rome.
- Last circus races in Rome.
- c. 549–564 – Transfiguration of Christ, mosaic in the apse, Church of the Virgin, Saint Catherine's Monastery, Mount Sinai, Egypt, is made.
Europe[change | change source]
- Agila succeeds Theudigisel as king of the Visigoths.
- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Ossory (which still exists) is founded in Ireland.
- Archbishop Maximianus of Ravenna consecrates the Basilica of Sant'Apollinare in Classe.
Asia[change | change source]
Births[change | change source]
Deaths[change | change source]
- Theudigisel, king of the Visigoths
- Tuathal Maelgarb, King of Tara
- Gao Cheng
- Emperor Wu of Liang
- Xiao Zhengde
- Princess Xu Zhaopei
- Zhu Yi
- Chen Daoten father of Emperor_Xuan_of_Chen (in either 548 or 549
References[change | change source]
- O'Donnell, James (2008). The Ruin of the Roman Empire. New York: HarperCollins. p. 266. .