From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||57 58 59 – 60 – 61 62 63|
|Ab urbe condita||813|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —庚申年十一月二十日
|- Vikram Samvat||116–117|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3161–3162|
|Iranian calendar||562 BP – 561 BP|
|Islamic calendar||579 BH – 578 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1852 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||603|
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: sixty.|
Roman Empire [change]
- Romans build the first London Bridge.
- Prasutagus, king of the Iceni, made a will. He left his kingdom to his two daughters and emperor Nero.
- The Roman army annexed East Anglia.
- Boudica, widow of Prasutagus, is flogged and then forced to witness the public rape of her daughters.
- Gaius Suetonius Paulinus, governor of Britannia, leads a campaign on the island of Mona (Anglesey).
- Boudica joins the British Celtic tribes in revolt, along with the Cornovii, Durotriges and Trinovantes.
- The rebels defeat Legio IX Hispana and destroyed the capital Camulodunum (modern Colchester).
- Boudica sacks Londinium (London) and Verulamium (St Albans). Thousands of civilians are killed.
- Nero has people explore the historical city Meroë (Sudan).
- The Rhoxolani are defeated on the Danube by the Romans.
- Vitellius is (possibly) proconsul of Africa.
- Herod Agrippa II rules the northeast of Judea.
By topic [change]
- The First Epistle of Peter, if by Saint Peter, is probably written between this year and c. 64.
- Paul of Tarsus goes to Rome. He is shipwrecked at Malta. He stays for three months and converts Publius, the first Bishop of Malta.
Art and science [change]
- Hero of Alexandria writes Metrica, Mechanics, and Pneumatics.
- 60–79 – House of the Vettii, Pompeii, is rebuilt.
- Domitius Afer, Roman orator