From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||30s 40s 50s – 60s – 70s 80s 90s|
|Years:||66 67 68 – 69 – 70 71 72|
|Ab urbe condita||822|
|English Regnal year||N/A|
— to —己巳年十一月廿九日
|- Vikram Samvat||125–126|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3170–3171|
|Iranian calendar||553 BP – 552 BP|
|Islamic calendar||570 BH – 569 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1843 before ROC
|Thai solar calendar||612|
Events[change | edit source]
- The Year of the four emperors: After Nero's death, Galba, Otho and Vitellius all serve as emperor for a short time each before Vespasian takes over.
- January 15 – Otho seizes power in Rome, proclaims himself Roman Emperor, and survives three months before committing suicide.
- First Jewish-Roman War – Vespasian lays siege to Jerusalem, which was captured by Titus Flavius Sabinus Vespasianus after Vespasian became Emperor.
- April 2– Galba, governor of Spain, names himself legatus senatus populique Romani, breaking the line of Roman emperors begun with Caesar and Augustus. He was assassinated by the Praetorian Guards in favor of Marcus Salvius Otho.
- April 14 – First Battle of Bedriacum: Vitellius defeats Otho's legions, Otho commits suicide.
- April 17 – After the First Battle of Bedriacum, Vitellius becomes Roman Emperor.
- October 24 – Second Battle of Bedriacum: Flavians under Antonius Primus defeats Vitellians.
- December 21 – Vespasian becomes emperor.
- The Batavians, under the leadeship of Gaius Julius Civilis, revolt (Batavian rebellion).
- Legio I Macriana liberatrix is disbanded.
Births[change | edit source]
- Saint Polycarp of Smyrna
Deaths[change | edit source]
- January – Locusta
- January 15 – Galba
- April 15 – Otho
- December 22 – Vitellius killed by the army of Vespasian