Abigail is a feminine given name. The name is from the Hebrew name Avigail, which indicates "father rejoice". The name can be shortened to Abbie or Abby. People with the name include Abigail Breslin, Abigail Adams and Abbie Cornish. The shorthand Abby was used for several Atlantic hurricanes in the 1960s.
People named Abigail[change | change source]
- Abigail Adams (1744–1818), wife of U.S. President John Adams
- Abbie Cornish (born 1982), Australian actress
- Abigail Fillmore (1798–1853), wife of U.S. President Millard Fillmore
- Abigail and Brittany Hensel, (born 1990), American conjoined twins
- Abigail (born as Abigail Rogan) (born 1946), Australian actress
- Abigail Spears (born 1981), American tennis player