Aichi Prefecture (愛知県 Aichi-ken) is a prefecture in the Chūbu region of Japan on the island of Honshu. The capital city is Nagoya.
Aichi prefecture was created by merging Owari Province and Mikawa Province.
Aichi faces Ise Bay and Mikawa Bay to the south.
The prefecture borders Shizuoka Prefecture to the east, Nagano Prefecture to the northeast, Gifu Prefecture to the north, and Mie Prefecture to the west.
National Parks [change]
National Parks are established in about 17% of the total land area of the prefecture.
Shrines and Temples [change]
Oguni jinja, Kotonomama Hachiman-gū, Sengen jinja and Mishima jinja are the chief Shinto shrines (ichinomiya) in the prefecture. 
Related pages [change]
- ↑ Nussbaum, Louis-Frédéric. (2002). "Aichi-ken" Japan Encyclopedia, p. 11; "Chūbu" at p. 126.
- ↑ Nussbaum, "Nagoya" at p. 685.
- ↑ Nussbaum, "Provinces and prefectures" at p. 780.
- ↑ Rising Sun, Inuyama in Aichi Prefecture; retrieved 2012-3-13.
- ↑ "Aichi Prefecture shows the glory of culture, industry -- past and present," Japan Times. January 13, 2006; retrieved 2011-11-28.
- ↑ Expo 2005 Aichi, Japan; retrieved 2012-3-13.
- ↑ Japan Ministry of the Environment, "General overview of area figures for Natural Parks by prefecture"; retrieved 2012-8-27.
- ↑ "Nationwide List of Ichinomiya," p. 1; retrieved 2012-8-27.
Other websites [change]
Coordinates: 35°10′48.68″N 136°54′48.63″E / 35.1801889°N 136.9135083°E