Kosteniuk is now ranked only 31st in the current FIDE rating list for women. She is no longer playing regularly. The highest rated woman, Judit Polgar (Hungary), never plays in female events. The second highest rated woman is Humpy Koneru (India); she has never won the women's world championship.
Some data[change | change source]
Notable games[change | change source]
- Alexandra Kosteniuk vs Alexander Onischuk, Corus, Group B 2005, Spanish Game: Classical Variation (C65), 1–0
- Anna Ushenina vs Alexandra Kosteniuk, WWCh. 2008, Nimzo-Indian Defense: Classical, Noa Variation (E34), 0–1
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alexandra Kosteniuk|
- Interview with Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk on LatestChess site
- Photo collection of Kosteniuk
- ChessBase: Alexandra Kosteniuk is Women's World Champion
- The crowning of Kosteniuk as a World Champion
References[change | change source]
- Kosteniuk, Alexandra (2001). How I became a grandmaster at age 14. Moscow.