Alexandra of Denmark
Alexandra of Denmark (Alexandra Carolina Marie Charlotte Louise Julia; 1 December 1844 – 20 November 1925) was the wife of King Edward VII. She was born in Denmark, and married Edward, then Prince of Wales, in 1863. After her husband's death in 1910, she retired from public life. She died at the age of 80 in 1925.
More reading[change | edit source]
- Battiscombe, Georgina (1969). Queen Alexandra. London: Constable. ISBN 09-456560-0.
- Bentley-Cranch, Dana (1992). Edward VII: Image of an Era 1841-1910. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office. ISBN 0-112-90508-0.
- Duff, David (1980). Alexandra: Princess and Queen. London: Collins. ISBN 0-002-16667-4.
- Ensor, R. C. K. (1936). England 1870–1914. Oxford University Press.
- Hough, Richard (1992). Edward & Alexandra: Their Private And Public Lives. London: Hodder & Stoddart. ISBN 0-340-55825-3.
- Priestley, J. B. (1970). The Edwardians. London: Heinemann. ISBN 0-434-60332-5.
- Windsor, The Duke of (1951). A King's Story: The Memoirs of H.R.H. The Duke of Windsor K.G.. London: Cassell and Co.
Other websites[change | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Alexandra of Denmark|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Queen Alexandra of the United Kingdom|