Alghero (Italian pronunciation: [alˈɡɛro]; Catalan: L'Alguer, IPA: [ɫəɫˈɣe], locally: [lalˈɣe]; Sardinian: S'Alighèra; Sassarese Sardinian: La Liéra), is a city of about 44,000 citizens in Italy. It lies in the province of Sassari in northwestern Sardinia, next to the sea.
In the 1930s, the Swedish writer Amelie Posse Brazdova wrote a book entitled Sardinia Side Show, where she told the complete story of 2 years she spent "interned" in Alghero old town during World War I.
Other websites[change | change source]
- City of Alghero Official website (Italian) (Catalan)
- Official Alghero tourism web site (English)
- Alghero Tourist Informations and Webcam Live (Italian) (English) (French)
- Alghero Tourism and Town Information (Italian)
- Alghero Tourism and Hotels Informations (English)