|Founded||1937 (as All American Aviation)
1952 (as Allegheny Airlines)
1979 (as USAir)
|Focus cities||Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport|
|Frequent flyer program||Dividend Miles|
|Member lounge||US Airways Club|
|Company slogan||Fly With US|
|Parent company||US Airways Group|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, USA|
US Airways, Inc. is a airline that is owned by US Airways Group, Inc. and is the sixth largest airline in the United States. Its headquarters are in Tempe, Arizona. US Airways owns 357 large jet aircraft and 329 smaller planes that fly to 240 places in North America, Central America, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Europe. In May 2008, US Airways had 36,632 people working for them in the world and flew 3,512 flights each day. The US in US Airways does not stand for United States, though it is an example of it.
US Airways runs many flights from Charlotte, North Carolina, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Phoenix, Arizona. US Airways also runs smaller numbers of flights from Washington, DC, Las Vegas, Nevada, New York, New York, and Boston, Massachusetts.
The airline also runs the US Airways Shuttle, a brand which operates frequent flights between cities in the northeast part of the United States. Other companies operate short flights for US Airways, which are called US Airways Express.
- US Airways factsheet
- January 2008 Passenger Airline Employment Up 3.4 Percent from January 2007, Bureau of Transportation Statistics, March 16, 2008
- Lean Production in the Air: Low-cost Competition Taking Off in the Global Airline Industry and Implications for Employment Relations, Nancy Johnson, Labor and Employment Relations Association Series, Proceedings of the 58th Annual Meeting
- "Southwest Airlines raises airfare prices". Associated Press (Las Vegas Review-Journal): pp. 1D-3D. 2007-07-10. "A competing low-cost carrier, US Airways, also matched..."
- Woellert, Lorraine (2005-01-05). "The Ups and Downs at US Airways". BusinessWeek. http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/jan2005/nf2005016_1058_db016.htm.'
- US Airways System Fact Sheet.