Amphoe Pai is small district in the north east of the province of Mae Hongson, Thailand. Pai is very famous for Thai and foreign visitors. There are many important rivers flowing through the district.
Amphoe Pai is made up of seven Tambon (local government areas) and 66 villages. The Tambon are:
- Wiang Tai which has 8 villages
- Wiang Nuea which has 10 villages
- Mae Na Toeng which has 14 villages
- Mae Hi which has 6 villages
- Thung Yao which 12 villages
- Mueang Paeng which has 9 villages
- Pong Sa which has 7 villages
History[change | change source]
Amphoe Pai was settled back in human prehistory. The Pai area part of the kingdowm of King Mungrai, or Mung Rai during the 1200's. In 1774-1784 Pai was developed into village and then developed into Amphoe Pai.
Tourist attractions[change | change source]
Many people come to Amphoe Pai to visit: