Anthony David Weiner (born September 4, 1964) was a member of the United States House of Representatives. He represented the 9th district of the state of New York. Weiner is a member of the Democratic Party.
Early political career[change]
In 2011, Weiner became involved in a scandal after his Twitter account sent a woman a picture of a man with an erection. At first, Weiner said that he had not sent the picture and that somebody must have hacked into his account. However, a few days later, he admitted that he had sent the picture and that he had been having sexual conversations with several women through Twitter.
Because of the scandal, Weiner left the House of Representatives. He quit on June 16.
- "The Arena: - Rep. Anthony Weiner Bio". politico.com. 2011 [last update]. http://www.politico.com/arena/bio/rep_anthony_weiner.html. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Anthony D. Weiner". jewishvirtuallibrary.org. 2005 [last update]. http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/weiner.html. Retrieved June 7, 2011.
- "Anthony Weiner’s Big Ego". New Yorker Magazine. June 2, 2011. http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2011/06/anthony_weiners_big_ego.html.
- Kelly, Jack (June 5, 2011). "Weiner's troubling tweet". The Pittsburg Post-Gazette. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11156/1151175-373-0.stm.
- Unanswered questions in Anthony Weiner's hack story – NYPOST.com
- Weiner apologizes for lying, 'terrible mistakes,' refuses to resign – CNN.com
- Bash, Dana (June 16, 2011]). "Weiner resigns after sexting scandal - CNN". cnn.com. http://articles.cnn.com/2011-06-16/politics/weiner.scandal_1_congressman-weiner-sexting-scandal-poor-judgment?_s=PM:POLITICS. Retrieved June 18, 2011.