Armenian Revolutionary Federation
The Armenian Revolutionary Federation (ARF or ՀՅԴ) (Armenian: Հայ Յեղափոխական Դաշնակցութիւն – Hay Heghapokhakan Dashnaktsutiun, Dashnaktsutiun, Դաշնակ – Dashnak or Tashnag) is an Armenian political party founded in Tiflis (Tbilisi in modern day Georgia) in 1890 by Christapor Mikaelian, Stepan Zorian, and Simon Zavarian. The party works in Armenia and in countries where the Armenian diaspora is active, notably in Lebanon and the ethnically Armenian-dominated de facto Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh.
Museum[change | edit source]
The Armenian Revolutionary Federation History Museum was created during an official ceremony Friday 2007 at Yerevan's Kristapor Mikaelian Center, with the party's leaders and supporters on hand to mark this momentous occasion.
Opened in 1946, the ARF History Museum was in Paris and during the years has collected more than 3,000 artifacts describing the party's history. After the ARF's return to Armenia, the museum and the ARF archives have been sent to Armenia.
Giro Manoyan is one of the leaders of ARF.
References[change | edit source]
- "Armenian Revolutionary Federation Founded, Armenian history timeline". http://www.littlearmenia.com/html/history/detail.asp?id=217. Retrieved 2006-12-25.
- "Tachnaq party holds 2 seats in Lebanese National Assembly.". http://www.unhcr.org/home/RSDCOI/456567564.pdf. Retrieved 2006-12-30.
- "ARF among parties running in NKR elections". http://www.bhhrg.org/CountryReport.asp?ChapterID=768&CountryID=2&ReportID=249&keyword=. Retrieved 2007-01-03.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Official web site - Armenian Revolutionary Federation
- Armenian Revolutionary Federation Shant Student Association
- History of the Armenian Socialist Party