The arts are a large part of culture, and the word means much more than "art". The arts include visual arts, literary arts (i.e. books and other writings) and performing arts (i.e. music, dance, drama).
"The arts" are usually contrasted with "The sciences".
Visual Arts [change]
Visual arts consist of any art that can be seen. This form of art doesn't change once it has been made.
Conceptual Art [change]
Conceptual Art is art in which the idea is more important than the actual beauty of the object.
Other websites [change]
- Dictionary of the history of ideas — Classification of the arts
- Open Directory — Arts
- National Endowment for the Arts — USA
- Arts Council — England
- Americans for the Arts
- ArtsJournal — Daily Arts News
- Arts — New York Times
- Arts — The Times
- Association of Hispanic Arts (AHA)
- History of Art: From Paleolithic Age to Contemporary Art