BASIC is one of the first programming languages ever to be created. It was first used as a programming language on console computers. The name is an acronym (a word made from other words) that spells Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.
A specialized version of Basic is Bliz basic. It is specially for coding games.
History[change | edit source]
- Be easy for beginners to use
- Be a general-purpose programming language
- Allow extra features to be added for experienced programmers.
- Be interactive
- Provide clear and friendly error messages
- Fast results for small programs
- Does not require knowledge about computer hardware
- Stop the user from editing the operating system
Code example[change | edit source]
for x=3 to 7
code prints numbers 3,4,5,6,7 to screen.