|Author||Professor Sirajul Islam (Chief Editor)|
|Publisher||Banglapedia Trust, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh|
|Release date||January 2003|
|Media type||Print (Hardback), CD-ROM, Online|
Banglapedia, or the National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh, is the first Bangladeshi encyclopedia. It is available in print, CD-ROM format and online, in both Bangla and English. The print version comprises has 500-page volumes. The first edition was published in January 2003 by the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh, with a plan to update it every two years.
Banglapedia is not a general encyclopaedia but one that covers Bangladesh-related topics. Although Bangladesh is a new country, there is a lot of history going back many, Banglapedia uses the word Bangladesh to include the territory of ancient Eastern India, Suba Bangla, Shahi Bangalah, Mughal Suba Bangla, Bengal Presidency, Bengal Province, East Bengal, East Pakistan, and the independent Bangladesh.
- "Banglapedia". Bangladesh. Asia Pacific Cultural Centre for UNESCO. http://www.accu.or.jp/appreb/02/02-02/02-02country/02ban.html. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- Staff Correspondent (2004-01-02). "Banglapedia on CD-Rom to hit market by February". The New Age. http://web.archive.org/web/20050207152425/http://www.weeklyholiday.net/020104/tech.html. Retrieved 2007-07-23.
- Iqbal, Iftekhar (2006-11-16). "The case for Bangladesh Studies". The Daily Star. http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/11/16/d611161502126.htm. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- UNB (2003-03-24). "Compilation of Banglapedia completed". General news. Sustainable Development Networking Programme (SDNP). http://www.sdnbd.org/sdi/news/general-news/March-2003/24-03-2003/General.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Akkas, Abu Jar M (2004-05-23). "Banglapedia edition every 2 years". The Weekly Holiday. http://web.archive.org/web/20051213032429/http://www.weeklyholiday.net/230503/front.html. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- Zaman, Mustafa; Ahsan, Shamim (2003-09-02). "The Banglapedia and its Making". Star Magazine (The Daily Star). http://www.thedailystar.net/magazine/2003/09/02/coverstory.htm. Retrieved 2008-01-17.
- Islam, Sirajul (January 2003). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh. Dhaka, Bangladesh: Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. ISBN 978-9843205766. http://banglapedia.search.com.bd/HT/Preface.htm.