Batman: Arkham Origins
|Batman: Arkham Origins|
|Developer(s)||Warner Bros. Games Montréal|
|Publisher(s)||Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release date(s)||WW October 25, 2013note|
|Media||Optical disc, download|
Batman: Arkham Origins is an action-adventure video game made by Warner Bros. Games Montréal. It is available for Microsoft Windows and the PlayStation 3, Wii U, and Xbox 360 video game systems. The game is based on the DC Comics superhero Batman and is the third in the Batman: Arkham series. It was released worldwide by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on October 25, 2013.note
Unlike previous Arkham games, Arkham Origins is not made by Rocksteady Studios. It is also written by Dooma Wendschuh and Corey May. The main story takes place five years before the events of 2009's Batman: Arkham Asylum. The game shows a younger and not entirely formed Batman who has a bounty placed on his head by crime lord Black Mask. This attracts eight of world's greatest assassins to Gotham City on Christmas Eve. While having to deal with the dirty members of the police department, other villains also attract Batman's attention. Like previous Arkham games, Arkham Origins is played from the third-person view. The game greatly focuses on Batman's combat and stealth abilities, detective skills, and use of gadgets. Arkham Origins is the first game in the series to have a multiplayer mode.
The game mainly got positive reviews. But it was slammed for copying material from previous Arkham games without improvement, or pointlessly changing it. A tie-in game titled Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate was released along with Arkham Origins. Origins Blackgate is available for Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita. A mobile version of Arkham Origins was created for iOS and Android systems. The mobile version was made available for download in October 2013.
[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Nowak, Peter (June 26, 2013). "Arkham Origins Hints at Upcoming Next-Gen Batman Game". The Globe and Mail. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/gaming/arkham-origins-hints-at-upcoming-next-gen-batman-game/article12831935/. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Karmali, Luke (October 2, 2013). "Batman: Arkham Origins Dev Responds to Season Pass Backlash". IGN. J2 Global. Archived from the original on October 17, 2013. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/batman-arkham-origins-dev-responds-to-season-pass-backlash. Retrieved October 2, 2013.
- Hanson, Ben (April 17, 2013). "The Storyline Of Batman: Arkham Origins". Game Informer. GameStop. Archived from the original on April 17, 2013. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/04/17/the-storyline-of-batman-arkham-origins.aspx. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- "Batman Arkham Origins: Original Video Game Score". WaterTower Music. Archived from the original on October 27, 2013. http://www.watertower-music.com/releases_spotlight.php?search=WTM39484. Retrieved October 27, 2013.
- Phillips, Tom (October 18, 2013). "Batman: Arkham Origins' Wii U and physical PC versions will launch later in Europe". Eurogamer. Archived from the original on October 18, 2013. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-18-batman-arkham-origins-pc-wii-u-versions-will-launch-two-weeks-late-in-europe. Retrieved October 18, 2013.