Battle of Kosovo
The Battle of Kosovo was a battle between Serbian forces and the Ottoman Empire. The result was a huge loses on both sides, but some source tell that the battle, separated, was meaning Serbian victory or draw, but the battle with far–reaching consequences was Turkish victory.
The battle was fought on St Vitus' Day (June 15 is now celebrated on the 28th) 1389.
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Battle of Kosovo as National Narrative by Dr. Seth Ward
- The Battle of Kosovo: Early Reports of Victory and Defeat by Thomas Emmert
- The Kosovo Legacy by Thomas Emmert alternate URL
- The events Surrounding the Battle of Kosovo 1389 and its cultural, traditional effect on the Serbian people by Mark Gottfried
- The Battle of Kosovo Serbian Epic Poems edited by Charles Simic Alternate URL
References[change | edit source]