From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: branch.|
A branch is a part of a tree.
Branch or branching could also mean:
Computing[change | edit source]
- Branch (computer science), a point in a computer program where program-flow may change depending on a condition.
- Branch predictor, the part of a processor that determines whether a conditional branch in the instruction flow of a program is likely to be taken or not.
- Branch table, a term used to describe an efficient method of transferring program control (branching) to another part of a program using a table of branch instructions.
- Indirect branch, a type of program control instruction.
- Branching (software), a way of duplicating an object under revision control.
Geography[change | edit source]
Mathematics[change | edit source]
- Branch (graph theory), a concept in mathematical logic
- Branch point, a point at which a multiple-valued function changes values
- Principal branch, a function which selects one branch of a multi-valued function
Religion[change | edit source]
- Branch (Christ), the Branch Davidian new name of Christ
- Branch (Latter Day Saints), the Latter Day Saint equivalent of a congregation
Other[change | edit source]
- Arthur Branch, a fictional character on the TV crime drama Law & Order
- Branch (academia), an academic sub-discipline
- Branch (banking), a retail location
- Branch (bridle), a crooked piece of iron in a bit shank
- Branch line, a relatively minor railway line
- Branching (chemistry), a concept in polymer chemistry
- Branching (linguistics), the general tendency towards a given order of words within sentences and smaller grammatical units within sentences
- Cadet branch, a family line of nobility not descending from the first born son
- Earthly Branches, one Chinese system for reckoning time
- Executive branch, the branch of government responsible for the day-to-day management of the state
- Olive branch, a gesture of peace
- Post office branch, a type of postal facility that is not a main post office
People named Branch[change | edit source]
- Branch, Christopher (circa 1600-1682), early American colonist
- Branch, Cliff (born 1948), retired American football player
- Branch, David (born 1948), Commissioner of the Ontario Hockey League
- Branch, Emmett Forrest (1874-1932), governor of the U.S. state of Indiana
- Branch, Frank (born 1944), Canadian politician
- Branch, John, Jr. (1782–1863), U.S. Senator, Secretary of the Navy, governor of North Carolina, and territorial governor of Florida
- Branch, Lawrence O'Bryan (1820-1862), Confederate General and Representative from North Carolina
- Branch, Michael (born 1978), English professional footballer
- Branch, Michelle (born 1983), American singer, songwriter and guitarist
- Branch, Vanessa (born 1973), British actress and model
- McCracken, Branch (1908–1970), college men's basketball coach
Other pages[change | edit source]
- Branch County
- Branch Township
- East Branch
- Fort Branch
- Long Branch
- North Branch
- South Branch
- West Branch
- USS Branch
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.