Breeza, New South Wales
New South Wales
Breeza is a small village in New South Wales, Australia. It is about 43 kms south of Gunnedah and 393 km north of Sydney. It is a part of the Gunnedah Shire Local Government Area. Breeza is in the Liverpool Plains agricultural area. The area around Breeza is called the "Breeza Plains". There are about 25 people who live in Breeza, and 133 who live in the area.
It is often said that the bushranger Ben Hall was born at Breeza. There is no evidence for this claim. There is a Ben Hall wall with a painting at the roadside rest area/picnic spot. The mural was painted by Bronwyn Bassett.
Dow AgroSciences has established an agricultural research field station at Breeza which researches wheat breeds.
Other pages[change | change source]
- Breeza Information - website
- Breeza Travel Australia - website
- River conditions - Mooki River at Breeza
References[change | change source]
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Breeza (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABSNavigation/prenav/LocationSearch?collection=Census&period=2006&areacode=SSC16461&producttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401. Retrieved 2011-08-06.
- "Walkabout - Breeza". Fairfax Digital. http://www.walkabout.com.au/locations/NSWBreeza.shtml. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Ben Hall Wall". New South Wales Tourism. http://www.visitnsw.com/town/Breeza/Ben_Hall_Wall/info.aspx. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Bushrangers - Ben Hall". The Bushranger Site. http://scs.une.edu.au/Bushrangers/bhall.htm. Retrieved 2008-11-02.