From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: cast.|
- For acronym usages see CAST.
Cast can mean:
- Casting, a process where a material is put into a mold while it is a liquid, and then hardens into a shape
- Caste, social division in society
- Casting (performing arts), a pre-production process for choosing a cast of actors and other talent
- Orthopedic cast, a protective shell to hold a broken bone in place until it has healed
- In archaeology, a cavity that is formed by the decomposition of wood furnishings or human or animal remains, previously covered due to volcanic ash fall
In popular culture:
- Cast (comic), a comic series published in the Philippines
- Cast (band), an English rock and roll band from the 1990s
- Cast (Mexican band), a progressive Mexican rock band
- Cast, Finistère, a commune of the Finistère département, in France
- Cast (earthworm), mineral-rich organic matter that is excreted by earthworms
- Urinary casts, tubules found in urine
- Casting (tails), a process whereby animals can 'drop' their tail, which may or may not regenerate
- Cast (archery), the distance a bow can shoot its arrow
Other pages[change | edit source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.