Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
|Duchess of Cambridge (more)|
|Catherine at Trooping the Colour in 2012|
|Spouse||Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
|Catherine Elizabeth[fn 1]|
|House||House of Windsor (by marriage)|
|Born||9 January 1982
Reading, Berkshire, England, UK
|Religion||Anglican (Church of England)|
Middleton grew up in Berkshire. She went to Marlborough College. She met Prince William when she was studying at the University of St Andrews in 2001. When they started a relationship, the attention from the media made Middleton feel harassed. In April 2007, the press reported that William and Middleton had split up. They continued to be friends, and later in 2007 they got back together. Since then, Middleton has attended many royal events. Many people like her fashion sense and she has been placed on many "best dressed" lists.
- Adams, William Lee (14 April 2011). "Kate Middleton’s Secret Confirmation: How Religious Is the Future Princess?". Time.
- "BBC News - Royal wedding: William and Kate marry at Abbey". bbc.co.uk. 29 April 2011. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13229961. Retrieved 29 April 2011.
- "Profiles – Kate Middleton". Hello!. August 2001. http://www.hellomagazine.com/profiles/katemiddleton/. Retrieved 9 August 2008.
- "World press gather outside Middleton family home in Bucklebury as royal relationship ends". Newbury Today. 14 April 2007. http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article.aspx?articleID=4152.
- "Katie is just not waiting: Middleton works nine to five for parents in mundane office job". Evening Standard. 2 September 2008. http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-23549446-katie-is-just-not-waiting-middleton-works-nine-to-five-for-parents-in-mundane-office-job.do. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Ex-royal aide condemns paparazzi BBC News Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Mackay, Mairi (17 November 2010). "Kate Middleton: A very English style icon". CNN. http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-17/world/kate.middleton.style_1_princess-diana-kate-middleton-uk?_s=PM:WORLD. Retrieved 28 November 2010.
Reference groups [change]
- As a titled royal, Catherine holds no surname, but when one is used, it is Mountbatten-Windsor. Many media outlets, however, refer to her by her maiden name, Kate Middleton.