Clint Bowyer (born May 30, 1979, is an American NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver. He is driving the number #15 5 Hour Energy Toyota Camry for Michael Waltrip Racing in the Sprint Cup Series. He won the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship.
Early career [change]
Clint Bowyer started racing when he was five years old. When he was five, he was into motocross racing. In 2000, Bowyer won the Modified car Championship at Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, Kansas. Bowyer also won the 2001 Modified car championship at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas. Bowyer won the 2002 NASCAR Weekly Racing series Midwest Championship.
In 2003, Bowyer raced a full season in the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division Midwest Series. Bowyer was seen by Richard Childress after leading 47 laps and finishing second in a race at Nashville Superspeedway. Bowyer started racing in the NASCAR Sprint cup series in 2006.
- "Bowyer hung tough to clinch first Nationwide title". http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/bg/11/22/cbowyer.nationwide.champion/index.html. Retrieved 15-10-2010.
- "Clint Bowyer Driver Stats". http://www.nascar.com/drivers/dps/cbowyer00/cup/index.html#stats. Retrieved 15-10-2010.
- "Clint Bowyer ready to contend with new owner". http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/motorsports/post/_/id/1013/clint-bowyer-ready-to-contend-with-new-owner. Retrieved 04-03-2012.
Related websites [change]
- Official site
- Sprint Cup driver page at NASCAR.com
- Career statistics at racing-reference.info
- The Hartford Racing Team’s Clint Bowyer profile - Official site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Clint Bowyer|