From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
County Sligo is one of the 32 counties in Ireland. It is home to the second biggest rural area in Connauct, Sligo and to Sligo Rovers F.C.. Many famous people have come from Sligo. These include Westlife and William Butler Yeats.
Towns and villages in County Sligo[change]
- Achonry, Aclare
- Ballaghnatrillick, Ballinafad, Ballintogher, Ballymote, Ballysadare, Beltra
- Carney, Castlebaldwin, Cliffony, Cloonacool
- Collooney, Coolaney,
- Dromore West, Drumcliffe
- Easky, Enniscrone
- Geevagh, Grange, Gurteen/Gorteen
- Kilglass, Keash
- Monasteraden, Mullaghmore
- Riverstown, Rosses Point
- Skreen, Strandhill
- Tourlestrane, Tubbercurry
- "Report 06. Population and area of each Province, County, City, urban area, rural area and Electoral Division, 2002 and 2006". CSO, Ireland, Volume 1 - Population classified by Area. http://beyond2020.cso.ie/Census/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=1765. Retrieved 2007-05-31.