Cowboys Stadium – July 2009
|Location||1 Legends Way
Arlington, Texas 76011
|Broke ground||September 20, 2005|
|Opened||May 27, 2009|
|Owner||City of Arlington|
|Surface||Matrix artificial turf|
|Construction cost||$1.3 billion
($1.3 billion in 2014 dollars)
|Project Manager||Blue Star Development/Jack Hill|
|Capacity||Football: 80,000 (expandable to 111,000 with standing room)|
March 13, 2010
Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey
|Dallas Cowboys (NFL) (2009 – present)
Cotton Bowl Classic (NCAA) (2009 – present)
Big 12 Championship Game (NCAA) (2009 – 2010)
UIL Texas State Football Finals (2010 – present)
Super Bowl XLV (2011)
2010 NBA All-Star Game
NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship (2014)
Stadium design[change | change source]
Cowboys Stadium is currently the world's largest covered stadium with 80,00 seats. A pair of nearly 300 ft (91 m)-tall arches spans the length of the stadium dome, anchored to the ground at each end. The new stadium also includes "more than 3,000 Sony LCD TV's throughout the luxury suites, concourses, concession areas and more, offering fans viewing options that extend beyond the action on the field," and a center-hung video board that is the largest high-definition television screen in the world. Glass doors, allowing each end zone to be opened, were designed and built.
Events[change | change source]
Besides having the Cowboys play there, Cowboys Stadium has hosted the following sports events:
- Super Bowl XLV
- Big 12 Championship Game
- Cotton Bowl Classic
- Cowboys Classic
- Southwest Classic
- 2010 NBA All-Star Game
References[change | change source]
- "Guest Info". Stadium.dallascowboys.com. http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Cowboys Stadium Holds Ribbon Cutting Ceremony". Dallascowboys.com. May 27, 2009. http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=849D2C58-C9BD-6CC8-43B608681C730C39. Retrieved June 19, 2009.
- "FAQ About Dallas Cowboys Project" (PDF). City of Irving. November 4, 2004. http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/citysecretary/pdf/110204/110204_faq_english.pdf. Retrieved June 19, 2008.
- Mosley, Matt (September 15, 2008). "Jones building a legacy with $1.3 billion Cowboys stadium". http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mosley_matt&page=hotread1/mosley. Retrieved November 28, 2008.
- "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2008". Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. http://www.minneapolisfed.org/community_education/teacher/calc/hist1800.cfm. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Cowboys Stadium
- Inspiration: Team Owner Travels World for Design Ideas
- http://www.star-telegram.com/stadium/story/1550178.html Star-Telegram.com