From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: creation.|
A Creation is something that was made. More specifically, Creation may refer to:
In religion and philosophy:
- Creation myth, or origin belief, stories of how the world or a culture began.
- Creation (theology), the belief that one or more deities brought the universe into being; also a name for everything that was created.
- Creatio ex nihilo (English: Creation from nothing), the belief that a deity created the universe from nothing at all, rather than some pre-existing matter or energy.
- Creation according to Genesis, the creation account in the book of Genesis for Judaism and Christianity.
- Creationism, a belief, not just in God creating the universe, but also in certain events afterward, including the creation of animals and mankind.
- Creation Festival, a Christian music festival held every year in Mount Union, Pennsylvania and in Washington State.
- Matter creation, the appearance of elementary particles, in physical processes such as pair production; the process opposite of annihilation.
- Creation operator, an operator that increases the number of particles in a given state by one; an abstract representation of matter creation.
- Invention, the act of creating a new process or device
In the arts:
- The Creation of Adam, a fresco from circa 1511 on the Sistine Chapel ceiling painted by Michelangelo Buonarroti
- The Creation, a 1798 oratorio by Joseph Haydn
- Creation (1931 film), an unfinished movie by RKO studios that featured stop-motion animation
- The Creation (band), a British band known for their one hit "Painter Man" in 1967
- Creation a 1981 novel by Gore Vidal
- Creation Records, a record label created in 1983 by Alan McGee, also known for their spin-off Rev-ola Records
- Creation (band), a teen musical group, first album 2005
- Creation (album), a 2005 album from Leslie Satcher
- Creation magazine, a magazine promoting creation science published by Creation Ministries International–Australia (formerly Answers in Genesis–Australia).
- Creation Books, a British publishing company.
- Creation Entertainment, an American company that runs numerous science fiction and fantasy conventions.
- The Creation: An Appeal To Save Life on Earth (book), a 2006 book in advocacy of conservation, by biologist Edward O. Wilson.
Other pages[change | change source]
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.