||This article needs more sources for reliability. (December 2011)|
|Fate||Bought by Cookie Jar Group|
|Successor(s)||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Headquarters||Burbank, California, United States|
|Key people||Chairman & CEO:
|Products||Children's television shows|
DiC Entertainment (DiC) was an international movie and television production company founded in 1971 as DiC Audiovisuel by Jean Chalopin in France. In 2008 Cookie Jar Group bought out DiC and then merged it with Cookie Jar Entertainment.
Its American arm was started in 1982 as DiC Enterprises. The company's United States headquarters were in Burbank, California.
In early 2006, DiC Entertainment and CBS Corporation signed a multi-year deal for a new 3-hour long programming block for Saturday mornings on CBS. The resulting KOL Secret Slumber Party on CBS was started the following fall.
On June 20, 2008, it was announced that DiC would be bought out by Cookie Jar Group. On July 23, 2008, Cookie Jar completed the buy out of DiC Entertainment, and then it was merged with Cookie Jar Entertainment.
- "CBS RENEWS COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT'S SATURDAY MORNING BLOCK FOR THREE MORE SEASONS". Cookie Jar Group. February 24, 2009. http://www.cjar.com/press/cj_press_20090224.php. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "COOKIE JAR ENTERTAINMENT EXPANDS BRAND PORTFOLIO, TALENT AND GLOBAL REACH WITH CLOSING OF DIC TRANSACTION". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-07-23. http://www.cjar.com/press/cj_press_20080723a.php. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "Bain backing buyout of DIC". Variety. Sep. 18, 2000. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117786555.html?categoryid=18&cs=1&query=. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "DIC Ent. formed for kids TV fare". Variety. July 26, 1993. http://www.variety.com/article/VR108945.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&query=. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "DIC plays new toon". Variety. Nov. 20, 2000. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117789392.html?categoryid=18&cs=1&query=. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "DIC offers kidvid blocks". Variety. Jan. 28, 2003. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117879607.html?categoryid=1236&cs=1&query=. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "DIC sets 3 hours of kid programs". Variety. Aug. 12, 2003. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117890788.html?categoryid=14&cs=1&query=. Retrieved 2009-12-04.
- "CBS AND DIC ENTERTAINMENT PARTNER TO LAUNCH BRANDED KIDS PROGRAMMING BLOCK, "CBS'S SECRET SATURDAY MORNING SLUMBER PARTY"," DIC Entertainment
- "COOKIE JAR AND DIC ENTERTAINMENT TO MERGE, CREATING INDEPENDENT GLOBAL CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINMENT AND EDUCATION POWERHOUSE". Cookie Jar Group. 2008-06-20. http://www.cjar.com/press/cj_press_20080620.php. Retrieved 2009-12-04.