Desso GrassMaster is a sports playing field surface made of natural grass that has artificial fibres added to it. The unique part of this system is the artificial grass fibres, stuck 20 cm deep, which cover 3% of the surface. During the growing process, the roots of the natural grass mix with the man-made grass fibres. They anchor the turf into a stable and even field. The roots of the natural grass mix with the fibres and anchor the field to create a solid structure with better drainage and better playing comfort.
Reinforced natural grass is used for stadium pitches and training pitches used for soccer, rugby, American football and baseball. Reinforced natural grass can also be used for events and concerts. The artificial turf injection shortens the recovery time for the grass.
Stadiums that use the field [change]
- "How Arsenal have put Wembley in the shade". London. http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/sport/surfacetension.pdf. Retrieved April, 2009.
- "Manchester City inaugurates brand new stadium". http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=106750. Retrieved May 17, 2007.
- Liberty Stadium Pitch - Official Stadium Website
- Go Desso! - Official Stadium Website
- "Grass won't be greener (or new)". http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07034/759130-66.stm. Retrieved February 3, 2007.
- "Even in Pittsburgh, playoffs are mind-over-sloppy-turf-matter games". ESPN. 2008-01-08. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?id=3179831. Retrieved 2008-01-25.