From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: development.|
Development has meaning in several contexts:
- Land improvement and/or construction involving land, buildings or infrastructure (see project, public housing and real estate development); excessive development of this kind may lead to overdevelopment
- New product development
- Software development (disambiguation)
- Sustainable development seeks a holistic notion of development encompassing environmental and social as well as economic aspects
- Technology development, improving or researching changes in technology (e.g. involving biotechnology, nanotechnology, or software)
- Biological development or morphogenesis of embryos in the context of developmental biology
- Development (journal) published twice monthly by the Company of Biologists.
- Child development, in the context of physical development, or post-natal human development (pediatrics, etc.).
Social science and politics[change]
- Social development, processes of change in societies
- Economic development, the economic aspect of social change
- Sociocultural evolution or cultural development
- Sustainable development
- Development studies, the multidisciplinary social scientific study of development
International and regional development[change]
- International development, the process of economic and social development in developing countries
- Development aid, the provision of aid and other forms of assistance to communities or countries
- Development aid agencies
- Development charities
- Regional development, provision of aid and assistance to the less economically developed regions
Personal and professional improvement[change]
- Career development
- Leadership development
- Personal development, the development of the self (see also self-help)
- Professional development
- Business development, a process of growing a business
- Corporate development, a position in a business
- Employee development (see also human resources)
- New product development (above)
- Organization development (see also training and development)
Arts and popular culture[change]
- Arrested Development (TV series), a television show based upon a company and a family
- Arrested Development (hip hop group), a hip hop group popular in the early 1990s.
- Development (album), a nu-metal album by musical group Nonpoint
- Musical development, the transformation and restatement of initial material, often contrasted with musical variation
- Photographic developer, or more generally photographic processing, the chemicals and methods of revealing the latent image in photographic material
- Script development, the development process in movie making, aimed at getting a project greenlighted
- Net (polyhedron) in geometry, the development of a polyhedral solid
- Development (differential geometry), the process of rolling one surface over another, and generalizations of this idea, including:
- Development (topology), a refinable net of open coverings.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.