||This article has many issues. Please help fixing them or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article does not have any sources. (August 2010)
A disability is condition that a person has which limits them in some way.
People with a disability or disabilities may need to use special equipment that can help them. This can include using a wheelchair, a cane or walking stick, hearing aids, a Teletypewriter (TTY) and using specially designed software and hardware for the personal computer.
People who use a wheelchair or cane/walking stick cannot walk up or down stairs in a building. They need to use ramps and elevators when going into and moving around in a building. Wide doorways and accessible toilets also make it easier for people with physical disabilities to use.
Some categories of disability [change]
- Physical disabilities limit the way the body works.
- Visual impairment is when the eyesight of a person is affected. (blind)
- Hearing impairment is when a person cannot hear normally. (deaf)
- Mental disabilities is when a person suffers from mental condition.
- Intellectual disability is when a person's brain is limited and cannot function at the same level as another person of their age.
- Developmental disabilities can limit how a person processes information and thinks.
Other pages [change]