Emily Jacir (Arabic: املي جاسر, born 1973 in Bethlehem) is a Palestinian artist. She uses film, photography, video and performance art. Her work was first shown in 1994. Since then, it has been shown in exhibitions around the Americas, Europe and the Middle East. It is held in museums in Italy, Palestine, England, San Francisco, and several museums in New York.
Jacir won the Golden Lion for artists under 40 (French: Leone d'Oro a un artista under 40) at the Venice Biennale in October 2007. She also won the Prince Claus Award in 2007. In 2008, the won the annual Hugo Boss Prize.
References[change | change source]
- Maymanah Farhat (15 December 2008). "Palestinian artist Emily Jacir awarded top prize". The Electronic Intifada. http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article10028.shtml. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- "affiliations:Emily Jacir". Beirut Art Center. January 2010. http://beirutartcenter.org/exhibitions.php?exhibid=86&statusid=3. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- La Biennale di Venezia Golden Lions in 2007
- October 20 2007 Golden Lion
- Maymanah Farhat; Palestinian Artist Emily Jacir Awarded Top Prize
- 2007 Prince Claus Award, Emily Jacir, Palestine
- Emily Jacir Named Winner of Seventh Biennial Hugo Boss Prize
More reading[change | change source]
- Memories in exile, Columbia University
- Jacir, Emily (2008). A. Laidi-Hanieh. ed. Some things I probably should not say and some things I should have said (fragments of a diary). Cercle d’Art, Paris
- Emily Jacir: Artist Profile at IMEU.net