Enlightenment (Window Manager)
|Original author(s)||Carsten Haitzler|
|Developer(s)||E17 Development Team|
|Stable release||E17 0.17.2.1 / 9 April 2013|
|Preview release||E18 0.17.99.83478 / 31 January 2013|
Enlightenment (also known simply as E), is a free software/open source window manager for the X Window System. It can be used alone or together with a desktop environment such as GNOME or KDE. Enlightenment is sometimes used as a replacement for a full desktop environment.
Enlightenment has been under development for 10 years. Its latest stable release is E17. It always comes with a warning that it is in permanent "heavy development" and remains "not stable".
Related pages [change]
- Eterm - the Enlightened Terminal
- Enlightenment Foundation Libraries
- Elive - an installable LiveCD of Debian GNU/Linux built to showcase Enlightenment (Includes both DR16 & DR17.)
- gOS - an Ubuntu-based distribution available on an installable live CD, working on low-end systems and employing a Mac OS X like look.
- OpenGEU - an Ubuntu-based distribution with E17 supplemented with elements from GNOME and Xfce
- Maryan Linux - an Ubuntu based distribution. Available on an installable live CD, working on low-end systems.
- OzOS - an Ubuntu-based distribution with e17 compiled and maintained directly from CVS source via morlenxus easy_e17.sh script.
- Exalt The Network manager for E17.
- antognolli. "E17 bugfix release, E18 + EDBUSv2 snapshots". https://phab.enlightenment.org/phame/live/3/post/new_efl_stable_release_1_7_6_and_enlightenment_0_17_2_1/.
- Mike Blumenkrantz. "E17 bugfix release, E18 + EDBUSv2 snapshots". http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=news/show&l=en&news_id=80.
Other websites [change]
|The English Wikibooks has more information on:|