|82nd United States Attorney General|
February 3, 2009
|Preceded by||Michael Mukasey|
|United States Attorney General
January 20, 2001 – February 2, 2001
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Janet Reno|
|Succeeded by||John Ashcroft|
|Deputy Attorney General of the United States|
|Preceded by||Jamie Gorelick|
|Succeeded by||Larry Thompson|
|US Attorney for the District of Columbia|
|Born||January 21, 1951
The Bronx, New York, United States
|Alma mater||Columbia University
Columbia Law School
|Profession||Attorney at law|
Eric Holder (born January 21, 1951) is the current Attorney General of the United States, serving under President Barack Obama. He is the first African-American to hold that post. Before being named as Attorney General, he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia under President Clinton and help pick Joe Biden as Obama's running mate. Holder was born in the Bronx.
On September 25, 2014, the Justice Department said Holder would resign as soon as his successor is confirmed.
References[change | change source]
- "USDOJ: Office of the Attorney General". US Department of Justice. February 12, 2009. http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/. Retrieved February 12, 2009.
- Johnson, Carrie (Tuesday, February 3, 2009). "Holder Confirmed As the First Black Attorney General: Nominee Overcame Objections in GOP". The Washington Post. pp. Page A02. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/02/AR2009020202581.html. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
- Longstreth, Andrew (June 2008). "Making History With Obama" (Cover Story). Making History. The American Lawyer. http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202421950304. Retrieved November 18, 2008.
- "The New Team: President Obama has now filled nearly all of the major posts in his new administration.". The New York Times. http://projects.nytimes.com/44th_president/new_team/show/eric-holder. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Wilber, Del Quentin; Schoenberg, Tom (September 25, 2014). "Holder Said to Plan to Resignation as Attorney General". Bloomberg News. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-25/holder-said-to-plan-to-resignation-as-attorney-general.html. Retrieved September 25, 2014.